| Artificial arm with four tool attachments, c 1950.
Credit:Science Museum/Science & Society Picture Library
Heavy-duty, metal artificial right arm worn by a below-elbow amputee who worked in Steeper's factory, based at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (from 1943-85), making metal sockets. Also shown are some of the tools he used: club-hammer, ball pein hammer, double headed ball-pein hammer and a double headed planishing hammer. All have heavy-duty McKay adaptors. Made in England. Full view.
In Collection of: Science & Society Picture Library
Subject(s) > Medicine & Health > OrthopaedicsRelated to: